Forum

NHL roundup Thursdays action on the ice December 14, 2017 1:02 AM

By : Melissa

Conklin made 42 saves and helped the Sabres snap a season-worst, four-game losing streak with a 5-3 victory over the Florida Panthers."My mindset going into it was that I want to make a good impre sion, you want the guys to feel confident Jay Prosch Jersey with you in the net," Conklin said. "While it's only one game, it's a bit of a start."Conklin, acquired from Columbus on Feb. 27 for a fifth-round pick in this year's draft, stood tall DOnta Foreman Jersey for the Sabres, who were outshot 45-20."I think it gives everybody a lot of confidence," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "He hasn't played a lot."For him to get in and see the action he did, we're happy with the win and happy with the way he played."Chris Drury broke a 3-3 tie at 9:50 of the third period when he tipped in Brian Campbell's slapshot from the point.Drew Stafford scored twice for Buffalo, including an insurance goal at 15:17. Jason Pominville and Dainius Zubrus also had goals for Buffalo, which hadn't won since beating Toronto on March 3. Campbell had three a sists."We're desperate a little bit right now," Campbell said. "It's a big game for us."We Tom Savage Jersey 've struggled in this building, too, lately and we knew that going in. So we came in trying to play a little bit more of a team game."Elsewhere in the NHL, it was: Flyers 3, Thrashers 2; Bruins 4, Capitals 3 (SO); Senators 5, Islanders 2 Breno Giacomini Jersey ; Devils 3, Hurricanes 2; Wild 2, Oilers 1; Stars 4, Flames 2; Canucks 3, Blues 2 (OT); Sharks 5, Coyotes 1; and Blackhawks 4, Kings 3 (SO).

To post a comment please register or sign in